Silence is golden, investment is platinum. It might be a paraphrase of the famous proverb, and at the same time a call to sophisticated storing of your financial reserves into one of the most precious metals of the planet. In the nature platinum can be found almost exclusively in pure form, however, its representation in the earth's crust is negligible. Presence of platinum in the sea water is so low that it is substantially undetectable. Very high concentrations of the extraordinary metal is now showed in the Czech Mint, which prepared an exceptional issue of platinum investment medal weighing half a kilo with the motif of the Cathedral of St. Bartholomew in Kolín.
The author of the medal is Jaroslav Bejvl, who masterfully portrayed this architectural gem on the obverse side along with the inscriptionTHE TEMPLE OF ST. BARTHOLOMEW, marking fineness Pt 999 and 500 g. To the obverse side he dedicated a tasteful composition which consists of the detail of high choir of the temple in the background and an embossed bust of Peter Parléř in the foreground. The text around the perimeter medal says PETR PARLÉŘ THE BUILDER OF THE HIGH CHOIR OF THE TEMPLE OF ST. BARTHOLOMEW. The medal is numbered on the edge and stored in a luxurious inlaid etui made of light wood. Its mintage is limited to only 12 pieces. Do not miss the opporunity to save your money wisely and with emotions at the same time. A view of the current market prices of platinum suggests very promising evaluation of this excellent investment!
The history of the Cathedral of St. Bartholomew dates back to the 2nd half of the 13th century, when in the already royal city of Kolín Přemysl Otakar II built a church. It served its purpose continuously until 1349, but subsequently was severely damaged by fire. Its restoration was commissioned by the royal court architect of Charles IV Petr Parléř, who was inspired by the Church of the Holy Cross in the Swabian Gmund. After the raid by the Swedes during the Thirty Years' War, the lack of funds hindered the reconstruction of the temple. The parish in Kolín suffered from the lack until the 18th century. At the time, expensive baroque furniture was istalled in the interior, and the ossuary was established in its neighborhood. Other fires destroyed the building in the years 1796 and 1869 - most of the architectural details in the late Parléř`s Gothic choir had to be restored and the contemporary romantic-neogothic roofing arose. The consequences of the recent damage caused to the temple during the 2nd World War are being removed to this day.